BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Preparation

I find myself in sort of a panic lately. The calendar is slowly creeping up upon the 5th of January and I suddenly realize that I have a exhausting journey ahead of me. I cannot see all the work right now. I only envision the outcome. Kinda like building a new house. You can see the finished product in your head, but no one ever warned you about all the crap you have to go through just to get it done.
I try to tell myself that it is not a race. That losing weight is just getting down the road to the next day. It is avoiding "evil" foods- putting blinders on to temptation that ambushes you at every turn- it is keeping the faith and keeping on with the journey- no matter what.
Instead of dreading every morning, I tell myself that I must make each day count. If I see the good in every hour, then I will not see the trials ahead or the strength I will need further down the road. It's kinda like Spanish class. No use reading ahead- cause it ain't gonna work. Just learn and adapt day by day. Soon eating well and healthy will be like breathing.
I grow anxious. Fearful. Hopeful.
The journey of 200 days begins soon.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Well, I am prepared as much as I am gonna be! One thing about your journey of 200, you have at least 4 others on that journey with you. I just hope that I pass all of you at the finish line!!

On your mark, get set, GO!!