BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Eggciting Salads


For those of you who don't have the time
to sit around and surf the net
in your pajamas all day long-
for odd and unimportant facts-
I thought I'd let you know
that May is National Salad Month.

Who doesn't love a salad?

And it's not just lettuce anymore.

Salads are combinations of
vegetables and fruits,
nuts and pasta,
toasted croutons and dry noodles.
And there are so many kinds of lettuce
in the produce section today.
It's a great foundation for a
healthy, filling meal.

I personally like the flavor
of strawberries and feta together.
My husband likes peaches and
raisins on his salads.

But my problem is
that I cannot stand lo-fat
salad dressings.

I simply love Kraft's Poppy Seed
and even after a year of
trying others, I keep coming back to it-
attempting to use less or
blend it with vinegar to cut calories.

I rarely order a salad
when I'm eating out.
They always seem to serve the lettuce
in fist sized pieces
and throw in a half-green tomato
for color.
Plus, if you are dieting-
the chef salads are choc full
of calories and fat.
Which we don't need.
Right?

A hard boiled egg once in awhile
is really good in a salad.
I just always forget to boil some
ahead of time.

You can really spend a lot
beefing up a salad.

But nothing near the salad produced by
Raymond Blanc of London.
Here's a copy of his
amazing salad,
created to celebrate
National Salad Month.

(And remember- I think you double
the total to get American currency).

The Florette Sea and Earth Recipe Ingredients:

- Florette Baby Leaf salad
GPB£0.50
- Almas golden caviar
£600.00 (50g)
- Beluga caviar
£9.00
- Truffle
£5.00
- Gold leaf
£5.00
- Kreel caught langoustines
£5.00
- Cornish crab
£2.00
- Cornish lobster
£5.00
- Moulin Jean Marie Cornille olive oil
£0.50
- Red romano peppers
£0.50
- Potato
£0.10
- 30yr old Balsamic Vinegar
£3.00
- TOTAL
£635.60


Yeah.
I think I'll buy that t
elevision
I was looking at instead.

So-
have fun with your food.
Decorate that salad and make it a meal.
Try to keep it healthy and low fat
and be sure to add a wide variety
of flavors and textures.

Celebrate National Salad Month.

Oh.
By the way-
I guess I conveniently forgot to mention-
It's also National Burger Month.

Be strong.
We're almost to the finish line.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

It is salad month at my place EVERY month...actually almost EVERY day! I too have the problem with the salad dressing but I figure I am already cutting calories by not have that big plate of pasta or fried chicken...just a salad for supper.

I use very little dressing but I do use my favorite. Why ruin a good salad with come crappy dressing? I know that the TRUE dieters will say that I am wrong BUT we all do things in our own way and MY way is a tasty salad!