BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reality Sucks

Well, it's finally done.
I've made a positive step
to preserve my health,
contour my shape,
and make every muscle in my body
scream out in bloody murder.

I joined Curves.

Now- many of you may have
an opinion of whether this
really works or not.
Some say a traditional gym
would spawn better results.

But hey-
I'm trying this.
I figure I'll give it three months
to work some super magic-
and if not-
well, there's always other options.
Like wiring my jaws shut or something.

The worst part of the whole
registration process
was being weighed and measured.
I guess I was in denial.
But the results say that
I am in poor shape.

Really?
Maybe that's why I get winded
just tying my shoes
or why I turn into a couch potato
everyday at two.

I think I need structure.
Some consistent force
that keeps me on track.
And if it turns out to be
this exercise regimen-
then I will be thankful
that I finally sought help.

I don't want to have a bikini body.
I don't want to run a marathon.
I don't want to be able to lift a small car.

I just want to be comfortable in my own skin.
To breathe well,
look good,
and live long.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Congrats on making that BIG step! I have always said that YOU would be my biggest motivator! Well, you got ME motivated! I am going to dust off my tramp today and put on my walking shoes. I cannot let you get too far away from me...I am already 20 pounds in the hole!

I hope you enjoy and see great results!

Kelli said...

Go Rae! Go Rae!