BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Secret Life Of A Cookie


I know she's looking for me.

I hear her tossing pots and pans
and cans of green beans
and bags of sugar.
I hear her cursing-
and slamming drawers -
and breathing extra heavily.

She forgot where she put me.

Forgot that she tucked me away
behind the VCR tapes in the
old TV cabinet.

But she remembers
how sweet I am-
how perfectly delicious.
How tender and chocolaty
and moist and satisfying.
She remembers how totally
fantastic I feel in her hands-
her tummy-
her life.

She's getting colder.

Now she's searching the deep freeze
in the garage
and behind the car seats.
I even heard her looking in
the linen closet
beneath the toilet paper
and in the dog's bed.

I know she can smell me.

I know the memory of me
is still like heaven-
that the aroma of my crumbs
can cause her heart to palpitate-
That she can't wait to
kiss my chocolate chips
and embrace my
sugar-sweetened delight.

What?

Listen.

I don't hear her anymore.

She's given up again.
She's stopped looking for me.
She's stopped trying to remember me.

What's that?

Is she really eating a salad?
How cruel she is to me!
Hides me away in shame
and then takes up
with a member of the
vegetable gang!

I don't think she even
loves me anymore.

****************

55 days to go.
Keep those cookies hidden.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

What a funny story! Poor Little Cookie!

Honestly I have hidden sweets before. I would buy a package of cream horns, eat 2, and hide the others....usually behind the cans of peas or beans. I have been known to grocery shop, buy a couple of milky ways and put them in my purse....only to be eaten after everyone had gone to bed! What is it about sweets? I even feel guilty hiding them. I feel sinful.

Yep, it is time to clean out all of the hiding places. To stop even buying these things! 55 days is not long. My journey will not be over, in 55 days, but I will continue down this slow and guilt free journey. There will be no sweets hidden in my purse or behind the can of peas!

See you at the end of this 55 days...hopefully a little thinner and healthier!