BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 4, 2009

Until The Checkered Flag Has Waved


I wanted to take a moment today
to apologize.
To say I'm sorry for starting this blog
and trying to pump you all up
and being just a simple hypocrite.

I've plateaued on this diet
and been sitting at a standstill
for over a month.
I've not heeded my own advice,
listened to my own motivation
or followed my goals.

I'm sorry.

But, on the other hand,
I am even more determined
to make sure we meet
at the finish line together.
How embarrassing would it be
if I finished my own race
in last place?

I woke up this morning
with a prayer-
for strength and thankfulness
and a request for a fresh start-
a new-found urge
to do the right thing.

I can't let you all down.

I can't let myself down.

I'm still in this race, but
I am still learning along the way.

The journey isn't over yet.
And neither is Hope.

I've got up,
dusted myself off,
and started on the trail
for another day.

Accept my apology
but come along
and kick my butt!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

That's the beautiful thing about Mondays! Everything starts over and we have a renewed sense of I-can-do-this. Don't beat yourself up and don't apologize! They say to not do anything now to lose weight that you're not willing to do the rest of your life. Every time I have a bad week, I think, "this is going to happen again at some point and that's life, so I just need to accept it and keep moving on!" We can't be "perfect dieters" 100% of the time, or we'll crack...and just be plain bitchy :) Keep on keepin' on, Rae! Your honesty is just as inpsiring as anything else! How many days do we have left now?

sisterlinda said...

I am one of those that fell from the wagon also. At least you have only come to a stand still...I have gone in reverse. I have lots of excuses like the weather is bad...stress...worrying about some of the decisions my kids make...my husband being gone on a few trips and leaving me full reign of the frig....EXCUSES, EXCUSES!

Yep, it is NOW time to pull up our "Big girl panties" and get to movin! Yes, it is easier said then maybe done. But I can tell ya one thing...you bunch of people are NOT going to cross that finish line with ME in last place! No, I will not be finished in the next 80 days or so, but I am determined to look a little smaller and a LOT healthier!

Today is a new day. a new month and a new attitude! Good Luck!

Rae said...

OMG! I just checked!
Only 80!!!!
Thanks for the kind comments and the inspiration to rise above "Bitchy" into "Babeness"! ha ha ha!

Mama Jewel said...

Well, you girls may have fallen off the wagon a few times, but I never got the strength to climb up on the wagon in the first place! I worked in my flower beds yesterday (planting, mulching) and I can barely walk this morning! I need to get a ladder and climb on the bandwagon...maybe once I make it there I can stay for a while! I love you girls...just don't be "bitchy" for sister's weekend!

Libby said...

I hate to tell you that if you go ON a diet, you will eventually have to go OFF. so a diet, you are NOT on...

it's a lifestyle. and doesn't it kinda stink? following man's rules to how to eat??? why do you think the diet companies are so wealthy? because they don't really work.

i dieted for years!! in fact, i worked out with a personal trainer for 6 months and ate salad for 6 months before my wedding and lost 4 pounds! no joke.

but as soon as I stopped following man's rules on what to eat, i was set free!! praise GOD!! no more diet foods! and i'm down 11 pounds from my wedding. no diets. no personal trainers. no working out.

weighdown.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!! changed my life!!!!!!!!!!!!