BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 1, 2009

Stay The Course


There is so much emphasis nowadays
concerning body image.

Models are all size zero's-
movie stars are all anorexic,
and we all strive to be like the
skinny gal next door.

I think it's insane.

I think it's time to stop the madness.

But that isn't to say
that we shouldn't all be
concerned about our weight and
our eating habits.
We can still strive for improvement
without killing ourselves
to seek perfection.

On days like this
when jelly donuts chant to me
and creamy, cheesy nachos seduce me-
I try to tell myself that
"I'm okay."
That my jean size will never be
the same as my shoe size-
that my arm-wings will
never fly away,
and my double chin will
probably never shrink.

My sister Tina-
(which is the littlest one
of my sisters)-
dreams of the day that someone
will come up to her and say-
"You look amaaaazing!"

She's there already, I think.

If not- she's got a short skip
to get to amazing.

On the other hand-
I have personally got to wait
till Hell freezes over
to hear a comment like that.

It got me to thinking...
Here are 10 things I will probably never
hear concerning my body:

1.
Are those your real boobs?

2.
You are soooo tiny!

3.
Do you wear makeup, or are you just a natural beauty?

4.
How many marathons have you ran?

5.
Sorry, maa'm, we can't help you here. We only sell ladies clothing in larger sizes.

6.
Love that belly ring!

7.
You look so rested.

8.
I think you need a smaller size.

9.
I could just pick you up and squeeze you!

10.
Honey, you need to eat more.


But- seriously folks-
if we stay the course-
good things are bound to happen.

Along the way to
Finding Thin,
we just might find...
"amaaaazing".

2 comments:

sisterlinda said...

DITTO.....I too will never hear any of those phrases! The truth is I really don't care. I just want to be able to look in the mirror, see a body without a muffin top and a belly without rolls. I want to be able to tuck in my tee shirt and wear a belt. IF or WHEN this finally happens, I can look in the mirror and just tell myself "You look amazing!"

So here's to better self images and a big pat on our backs....let's do this !

Mama Jewel said...

To all my beautiful sisters....you may not feel you LOOK amazing...by all of you ARE amazing! All we need to do is get to a healthier weight and FEEL amazing. Now...let's continue the journey!