BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Be A Cute Little Firecracker- Not A Blubbering Bomb



Last year Americans consumed
150 million hot dogs.

And that was just on the Forth of July.

Add 23 million cases of beer.
Buns.
Potato salad
and apple pie.

No wonder we're all fat!

Hot dog (1 serving)=
242 calories
14.5 grams of fat
670 mg of sodium
18.0 carbs

Bun (1 serving)=
110 cal.
1.5 fat
210 sodium
21.0 carbs

Add 14 calories for pickle relish
and you end up with a
366 calorie sandwich.

Multiply that by the
normal three or four
that I consume while
watching fireworks-
and that's almost
1500 calories!

Not to mention potato salad,
chips, dip, pie, cake,
and bbq!

Ice cream, marshmallow salad,
pasta and macaroni salad,
Cole slaw,
banana pudding and hot wings!

So, this is just a head's up
for the upcoming holiday.

Have fun,
but don't overdo.
Remember the calorie count.
Fill up on ice water and veggies.
Choose fruit over pastry items.
Go easy on the beer.

Let's claim our Independence
from fattening foods.

Let's sparkle,
hold our heads up high,
and continue reaching for
our goals.

36 days to go....

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I can see why I am overweight! I say to hell with healthy eating on holidays and vacations! I will still consume my brats or hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, chips and some home made ice cream! I figure there is not another holiday until the first weekend in September....plenty of time to lose what I gained on July 4th!

I know, I know....this is not what a true dieter would do, but dang...it's fun to celebrate and that includes eating! So bring on the food.....and watch this fat firecracker have some fun!