BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

All Aboard the Chew Chew Train!


Today I want to introduce you
to Horace Fletcher.

Sorry you can't meet him in person,
but he lived back around 1900.

But old Horace knew a thing or two
about losing weight.

In 1898, he became angry because
he was denied health insurance
because he was overweight.
So- he fought back-
by developing his own diet plan
and seeing results.

His weight loss method
included chewing his food completely
and then spitting it out!
No swallowing at all!
Horace claims to have gone from
205 pounds to 163.

He chewed each bite 32 times-
once for each tooth-
and then spit everything out.

This method soon became known
as "Fletcherizing".

Horace- you had the right idea,
but I'm not so sure
it was healthy.

Plus, how in the hell do you
chew a candy bar
without swallowing it?

That's what
I wanna know.

2 comments:

sisterlinda said...

If it actually worked I just might give it a try for a week or 2! I get desperate at times!

Doesn't sound much like fun. I am with you....how the hell you just chew a milky way?

Ann said...

I wouldn't be able to do it! I would just swallow that candy bar in one go!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!