BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 15, 2009

ThisThing Called Hope


We are only weeks away from
the 200 day mark.

I had good intentions when starting
this journey
and was hoping that I might post
some fantastic before and after
photos towards the end.

I still have hope.

But this entire process
has only affirmed what I already knew-
Losing weight is hard.
You can't do it for someone else.
You can't do it halfway.
You can't lose focus.

You can't give up.

It has taught me not to judge others
so easily-
the smokers, drinkers, and
whatever vices that other people have.

We don't want to be heavy, unhealthy,
and uninspired.
We don't want to love chocolate,
fried chicken,
and salty chips.

But we do.

And the whole mechanics of a diet
is to make better eating choices.

That's where most of us fail.
We choose what our eyes want-
not what our minds tell us is right.

How have the days passed so quickly-
and my progress been so slow?

But-
I still have hope.
I will continue the fight-
even beyond my 200 days.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I too have hope. I too will not be finished at the end of this 200 days. I will keep on trying and someday finish this journey.

Sometimes I feel like I have barely started. That damn wagon has fell over many times and I just keep trying to hang on!

We all know that losing weight is a slow process even if we want it to be gone quickly!

I have hope for all of us. Hope that my sisters and my Brother will cross the finish line. That we will all have less to hug when we all reach the end of our diet journey!