BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm On The Slow Boat

I really wish I could say
that I took a week off from writing
and spent that time working out
and walking
and perfecting healthy menus.

But I'd be lying.

I am basically in the same place
and point on the scale
that I was when I last wrote.

But- don't get me wrong-
I'm not discouraged
and I'm not giving up.
I just realize it is time
to get a second wind
and start getting more serious.
Guessing at portions
and adding a treat here and there
are just choices for disaster.

I have a Sister Weekend the end of May
and we all are bragging about how
we will be able to walk and bend
and jump out of the van
like teenagers on spring break.
We are going on another
100 Mile Yard Sale adventure
which takes a certain amount
of stamina and agility.
And if I don't get on the program
with my diet journey,
I'll be left in the van
holding everyone else's
trash and treasure!

Plus, I turn 53 in May.

I hope by then I can look
in the mirror and be proud of
the results.
I know I can't turn back time,
but I'll be able to enjoy
the present more fully
if I am fit.

Right now I look into the mirror
and say,
"Mirror, mirror,
On the wall-
What the HELL happened?"

Here's to a great new spring.
A revival of hope.
Another successful week
of our 200 day journey.

It's good to be back.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I have also been riding the slow boat. Maybe I am the big crew ship and perhaps I need help from the little tug boat. I need that extra push to get to where I am trying to get!

Soon it will be warmer temps and the excuses will be no longer valid.

SO let's jump ship and get to moving! See ya at the finish line!