BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Smart Choices

There are times in my life
when I actually considered
taking some type of diet pill.
Just pop a few of those babies
in my mouth every morning-
and then jet around the house
like a skinny Tasmanian Devil.

But, my brain out ruled my body.
Luckily, I was smart enough to know
that not only are diet pills
unsafe, but the fix is
only temporary.
That little pill will never
taste like buttered roasting ears
or deep pan pizza.
Sooner or later, cravings
would most likely surface
and it's highly probable
that a feeding frenzy
would put you even deeper
into your fat furrow.

Then there are also all those
wraps and creams and devices
that offer a quick fix-
that amazingly melt off inches,
eradicate cellulite
and dissolve fat glands.
But, then again-
a temporary solution.

I like to eat.
I enjoy seeing a plate
full of colorful food
and seasoned cuisine.
I savor sweet and sour
and spicy and salty.
I require crunchy and creamy
and tender and smooth.
No diet pill
or diet-dungeon tool
can give you all of that.

Changing the way you look at food
is the best track to follow.
Substitutions and new product choices
can gradually make a huge
difference in your weight
and your attitude.
Just go one week without soda
and see what a difference it makes.
Cut out the Crappachino every morning
for a month and watch that scale plummet.
Fill up on a light salad before your meal.

There are safe and healthy ways
to get the pounds off.
It's just not going to be quick.
It's not going to happen overnight.

It's going to take
determination, organization,
frustration and elimination.

But you can do it.
I have faith in all of you.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Yep, we all know that a quick fix is NOT the best fix. Slow and steady wins the race.

I, for one, want it to hurry up! It is time to go back to step one and start anew. I have been at a stand still and it is time to give myself a real push...a real nudge!

It won't be too long until this journey is half over. Good luck all and see you at the finish line!