BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tiny Treats

No matter how good I try to be-
No matter how much I yearn to look
like a store mannequin-
No matter how often I tell myself
to get a grip-
I still have cravings.

Some people crave the
salty-cheesy-buttery-pretzley stuff.
Others want the starch ridden potatoes
or the huge hunks of grilled meat.

But I crave sweets.

Once upon time (long ago, it seems)-
I could eat away an entire package
of Oreos before Regis and Kathy Lee
let their coffee get cold.

I would treat myself to half a cheesecake
instead of a scoop of ice cream like
most people.
And every Tuesday
the girl at the day-old bakery
always set aside the
Buy Two, Get One Free
Oooey-Gooey Butter cakes
just for me.

But now I know better.
How on earth did I do that?

Anyway- the craving part....

Well, besides the sugar-free
pudding cups
and the smidgen of raisins
I have once in awhile-
I was needing a new sugar fix.

In came Little Debbie to the rescue.
One hundred calorie brownies!
And triple chocolate at that!

I bought a box at the grocery store
and salivated so much on the way home
that I had to change my sweater.

I guess Little Debbie knew me
pretty durn well.
She must have suspected a gal like me
really had no business purchasing
an item that might send me right over
the Diet Cliff and straight back into
the Jumbo Jungle.

So...
the triple chocolate 100 calorie brownies
were about the size of a large band-aid.
Two bites at the most.
Maybe three if you're not hogging it down.

But I discovered that sometimes
that is all it takes.

Just two little bites of sugary sweetness
and I'm back on the Reality Railroad-
steaming full force ahead
into Thin Town.

Hope to see you
when I get there.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Thank goodness for those 100 calorie snack packs. The only problem I have is that if they are REALLY REALLY good I will say "What the heck, just one more is ONLY 200" and THEN I stop! What I would give for a Krispy Kreme (fresh out of the oven) right now! Those forbidden sweets are now banned from my home....I cannot resist temptation no matter how hard I try....and when I visit WalMart I walk thru the opposite door, away from the baked goods.

We all are getting better and I will see you at the end of this journey.