BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sometimes You Have Just One Of Those Days

Don't say "diet" to me today.

Don't watch me with critical eyes
while I measure my cereal and sweeten my tea-
Don't guard the fridge like a big rabid dog
that's suddenly shadowing me.

Don't try to imagine what the numbers might be
As I sneak in to weigh on the scale-
And don't get sick when the full length mirror
has no perfect body to yet unveil.

Don't push the tuna and salad and crap-
Like you're suddenly worried about me.
Don't say diet.
I might start a riot.
For today- just let me be me.

Don't pat me on the back for resisting temptation
as though it's something I'm horrible at-
Don't treat me like a wild
misbehaved child
that sulks on the floor cuz I'm fat.

Don't promise me tomorrows-just give me today-
Don't paint pictures of what I could be.
Please don't mention diet-
I might start a riot-
For today just let me
be me.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

If you ever have one of those "Just let me be me" days...let me know. Every day I am a daycare provider, chef, laundry attendant and housekeeper.

On a "Just let me be me" day, I would be curled up in a porch swing, reading a novel and sipping on a margarita....then in the house for a long afternoon nap.

I have "Just one of those Days" EVERYDAY! Different day, same 'ol S- - -!