BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Countdown......


I don't think a single day has gone by
since I started this journey,
that I didn't kick myself.

For cheating, miscalculating,
purging, scarfing, nibbling,
hoarding,
and shoveling.

Pretty good reason
for a swift foot to the rear, I'd say.

Yet, every single morning
has been a clean slate.

Why did I dirty it up?
Why did I stray? Go wild?
Why did I forget the importance of
my journey?

Goal day is in a week and one day.
How much do you think I can lose
before then?

It's sure going to be embarrassing
to admit my experiment failed.
To say I lost my way-
even when I had a compass
and a map
and a book of instructions.

Even when I had all of you
to travel with me.

Here, kick my butt.

Right now I really need it.

The finish line is in sight.
Hold tight....

3 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I, for one, have not completed my journey. My journey will go past these 200 days. I too have cheated and splurged and simply fallen off the diet wagon into a big pot hole!

This blog has been an inspiration to many.... Readers you don't even know. You have made dieting "human". It is not always fun to read all of those success stories. This blog has showed everyone that if we sometimes fail, that we just gotta keep on tryin.... That there IS laughter in dieting!

Thanks so much for this "finding thin" blog. I cannot wait for your NEXT blog!

Mama Jewel said...

If someone kicked me in the butt everytime I failed at my diets over the years, I wouldn't have a butt left! (Maybe that's not such a bad idea Rae!?) When you started your blog, I thought.."There go the thinner sisters again...they'll look great at the wedding and I'll still be the big fat one"! Not that I didn't want you to succeed, but I have so much more to lose than the rest of you. You've encouraged me and now I am going to Curves. You made me laugh and said things about cravings, shopping for clothes, going to the grocery store that were just hilarious...BUT SO TRUE! What you have here is not just a "finding thin" blog, but one of the most truthful, honest and entertaining blogs I've ever read (apart from a blog called "Porch Ponderings)! Like Sister Linda said, Yes success is great, but knowing we aren't the only ones who slip and fail sometimes is as big an inspiration as the day to day successes. Just sit with me at the wedding and you'll all feel so much smaller! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, if no one has "cheated" and had 11 order of fries to just feel good, then they haven't dieted! I think that there are days, and then there are days! No rhyme, no reason! We are the toughest on ourselves, kickin' our own butts....(sigh)..((((Gonna' go weigh now)))