BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'll Need A XXL Name Tag, Please


I have a class reunion coming up
in October.

You think that would be
incentive enough
to get with the program
and shed some pounds.

Especially since there is
nothing about me
that looks the same
as my Senior picture.

I got to looking at
myself in the mirror....

Shorter hair,
more wrinkled face,
thinning lips.
age spots,
flabby arms,
a giant bi-donk-i-donk,
spreading hips,
a 25 year old post-baby belly
and cankles.

There will be those women
who dieted
and exercised
and treated themselves
to professional hair jobs,
manicures,
pedicures,
and relaxing vacations.

And they will look like
a million dollars.

Oh, hell!
I know I can't go now!

I've had almost 200 days-
200 tries-
200 start-overs-
and 2 million excuses.

(Sigh................)

4 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Sounds like my life.

I vowed to look thinner for our nephews wedding the end of this month....NOT HAPPENING!

I see the same image when I look in the mirror. The mirror you gave me for my birthday says it all.... "Mirror, mirror on the wall, What the Hell happened?"

Mama Jewel said...

Okay Girls...I've heard enough of putting yourselves down! If I didn't go anywhere or not go to my class reunions because of the way I look on the outside...I'd never have any fun! I'm ME on the inside no matter what I am on the outside! Do you love me less because there's more of me than when I was 25? I had a hard time when they said the TV cameras at church put 10 lbs on you. I hated when I knew I was on camera and on the world-wide net! But you know, I've come to realize that it really doesn't matter what SOME people think, I just sign and Praise the Lord and not think about the camera anymore. Don't give up now! I need some help on this journey....not of 200 days but for the years I have left in my life. Let's get healthier...finding thin will follow! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Rae, get on the plane, bus, car, train or helicopter, but PLEEZE try and go. You may find that there are those that feel the same as you. And, it is fun, and you can come home with the class picture and tell everyone the great time you had....Think about it, anyway..Good luck..

Olivia C. said...

You should send me in your place! I'm told I look like you, so people will be impressed by how young you still look and how you've hardly changed!! LOL!