BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nothing But The Truth


One of the worst things
about being overweight
(besides the sleep apnea,
giant cellulite,
varicose veins,
and granny underwear),
is I can never find anything
to wear.

And I'm not talking for a
special event or holiday.
I'm talking about getting
out of bed and getting
dressed for a regular day at home.

Yesterday I tried on four
different tops
because I had to go to the
grocery store.

First one:
Too tight.
Second one:
Too short
Third one:
Too much cleavage
Forth one:
A big honkin' grease stain on the front.

I pulled my hair out
and stood in the closet
for what seemed like days-
just staring at an assortment
of clothing that
was too small, all wrong,
or just bad taste.

I got down on my knees
right then
and prayed that Stacy and Clinton
from TLC's What Not To Wear
would suddenly appear
in my living room
with a Visa card
and a cure for my
belly fat.

No one came.

So I just strapped on
an old football jersey,
some stretch pants
and flip flops
and went out into
this unfair old world.

A few years ago
I wouldn't have been caught dead
in that nerdy outfit.
I wouldn't have even wore it
in the garden.

But-
times change.
It's all about adapting.

And it's all about knowing
not to wear a butterfly suit
when you're a two ton gorilla.

I'm still on the wagon
but it's stuck
in a fashion nightmare
on Loser Street.

16 days to go.

Help!

2 comments:

Margaret Hall said...

Oh, now we can talk about all this into the wee hours of the morning! Clothes and me do not match! I, too, have the belly food stains, (on my fav shirt) and I mope around in stretch pants! Will I ever learn??

sisterlinda said...

Sounds just like one of my ordeals getting ready to go into town! My closet is just not "fat girl" friendly.

What is it about our tops? I really do think that the Chinese really don't like us Americans. Have you seen the size of an XL? Come On! Use to be we were certain that an XL would fit....not any more! It is not so much the fact we have grown in size...it is the size label itself!

One of the few things, I have going for me, is the fact that I know only a few people in town. Not much of a chance I will run into anyone! So I just put on my nerdy outfit, jump in the car and away I go!