BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Not Just A Road Trip


I love what my sister Jewel
said yesterday in her comment.

We aren't on this journey for 200 days.
We are on this journey for life.

And it is so true.
Diets never end.

Even when you shed those pounds
and look like a ravishing doll-
the past will creep up on you
if you ever get lazy again.

Making wise choices
is something we all must do
forever.

Eating healthy is
something we must learn-
just like driving a car.

We aren't reckless with
our vehicles-
so why do we crash our diets?

Why do we head down that same old road
that gets no results?

(And why is my GPS set on Dunkin' Donuts?)

This is not just a road trip-
it is a journey of forever.

Every day is still full of baby steps.
Challenges.
Temptations.

Let's steer the right direction
for a while
and see where it leads us.

3 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I think my "steering wheel" is like one of those carts you get sometimes at WalMart. You know the ones that don't push very well and tries to venture off in another direction. The one that you have to tug at and use some muscle to keep straight.

Yep, dieting is not a fun road trip BUT it is a necessary trip. On my road trip I want to go FAST but my road trip is more like a Sunday driver....poking along!

Maybe that is what is wrong with my "diet wagon"....I need a steering wheel to keep the dang thing going in the right direction!

mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Rae, I have just 20 days left on my 200 day journey and I want to thank you for the realistic inspiration. I feel this is a very difficult journey due to the availabilty of stimlators out in the world these days. Some people make it seems so easy but everyday has been a challenge for me. Your blog has brought me humor, ideas and lots of support along my way. Thank you for that and I certainly hope you share your next blog with us. I do have 10 more lbs to go but I can fit into so many things in my closet now that have been hanging there waiting for quite a while! Thank you Rae, Gail

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rae----If you begin another journey then count me in. If I have another apple fritter I will explode! I have journeyed back and forth and I hate the hiway! But, just eating to feel BETTER is what I find key in my old age...
Hang in...