BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Have You Looked At Your Rear In The Mirror Lately?

Whenever you get a new car,
it's like a treasure-
and you treat it with utmost care.

Clean it, shine it,
vacuum and spray it-
give it only the best gasoline
and the highest grade oil.

Then something strange happens.

When the car gets old,
you start overlooking the dust-
you let lint and crumbs slide-
you buy the cheapest oil change
and let the tires go bald.
Even little scratches or
imperfections
go unchecked.

And everyday
we wonder to ourselves
how much further down the
road we will get
before it gives out completely.

Well, the same thing happens
with our bodies.

And chances are,
we'll wake up someday and realize
that if we don't do
some maintenance soon
that our journey
will be cut short.

Why do we put such crap
into our bodies?
Overlook extra pounds
and let bulges and wrinkles
take over-
Suddenly stop caring for ourselves
the way we used to...

Our bodies are
a lot like a car.
They need fuel, upkeep,
and protection.

Got junk in your trunk?
Are your axles rusty?
Transmission a bit faulty?
Upholstery dated?
Seat belt too tight?

It's time.
Time to take inventory
of what must be done.

We all want our trip to last longer.
And to be comfortable
and enjoyable.

I'm hoping to find
some jumper cables
in the next few weeks
and power up my mo-jo-
find a smoother ride-
a sleeker ride-

And a more compact ride!

Do it today.
Let's own this Road!

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Sure wish there was a "Body Shop" to repair this old body! Something like an over night fixer-upper. Oh yeah, it can be fixed but it is gonna take time...a very LONG time. About the time I think I am getting this body in shape along comes some type of stressful event and all that good goes bad! I am like a human yo-yo.

Yes, I HAVE looked in the mirror lately. Each time I get out of the tub it is right there! There to display it ALL! I can even look in my mirror that reads "Mirror, mirror on the wall, what the hell happened?" and I wonder that myself. What happened to my self confidence? Oh yeah, it is hidden under these fat layers!

I may never have a a good hair day, like sister Tina, but I do hope to find fine in 2009!