BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Thinking Arby's


Top Ten Things I Wanted To Eat
Before I Started My Diet...
But didn't.

10. Pecan pancakes from Cracker Barrel
with a side of smokey bacon and a steaming
mug of fresh coffee.

9. A giant bowl of Chicken Pot Pie soup
from 54th Street Diner with warm-from-the-oven
soft brown bread and slathered honey butter.

8. A double order of six-layer lasagna from
Fazoli's. Complete with two garlic-butter-drenched
bread sticks.

7. KFC's honey bbq boneless wings. Dipped in ranch
sauce and honey mustard at the same time,

6. Tender pork ribs smoked slowly on the grill
and marinated in a secret concoction of beer
and Jack Daniel's bottled sauce- brown sugar
and some spices.

5. Any deep dish pizza with a thick layer of
everything-topping and crust so yummy you can fold
it in half and attack it like a taco.

4. A genuine cheesecake. It wouldn't even have to
be cherry or chocolate turtle or strawberry swirl.
Just big and dense and packed with goodness.

3. A mess of jalapeno poppers, blooming onions,
artichoke dip and mozzarella sticks.

2. A gigantic cream horn from Farm Fresh
that is big around as my arm and has enough
fluff in it to paint the porch with,

1.A super thick slice of garlic bologna-
gently fried to perfection, layered on soft white bread
with a melty chunk of Velveeta cheese.

Yeah.
I have days like that.
Nightmares, really.

Looking back on the things I once ate
on a regular basis repulses me now.

Sure, one of those ten treats
now and then
won't stop you from reaching your goals.

We just can't let their memory own us.
We can't let their false sense of comfort
lead us astray.

I could just as easily name
the top ten delicious diet things
that I crave.

Number ten is....

Well....
Ugghh.
Hmmmmm.

I lied.

But let's be honest.
We are all going to be haunted
by our past loves.

Live in today.
Live for tomorrow.

When cravings start,
just be brave.
Grab an apple and go for a walk.

2 comments:

sisterlinda said...

You got me slobbering at the computer this morning! Got my mouth to watering just thinking of MOST of those things. Why didn't we think of all those on New Year's Eve? Of course we got most everything else shoveled down!

Yes, once in awhile, I have myself a treat. I cannot imagine a summer without a bratz or potato salad. This time I will just have one helping and not 2 or 3 or a plate full of patato salad. Oh yeah....and gotta have a little baked beans, ho-made ice cream, deviled eggs........

libby said...

hey! i ran into dwight and cindy and they said that eldon lost 50 pounds and you lost 15??!! that's awesome!! way to go!