BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Helpful Hand


The only thing I love
as much as seeing the
scale go down when I step on,
is seeing it go down
for my husband.

He's been a real trooper
through this entire journey
and even tends to
keep me on track
when I start to falter.

I'm still safe inside
my sweats and tee shirts-
I haven't lost enough to
be comfortable with my legs
or arms showing.
But my husband is different...

He primps in front of
the mirror lately.
Stretches... Flexes...
Sucks it all in...
Grooms himself meticulously.

When he gets dressed for work,
he pulls his belt-
(now to the last notch!)
with a masculine grunt
of egotistical satisfaction.

I can help but wonder
if he's like me-
and has to loosen the darn thing
after lunch!

I guess I'm jealous
that the pounds haven't
dissolved as quickly for me.
I'm ready to be
svelte.
Slim.
Smart and stylish.

Honestly, I haven't been
trying very hard lately.
I need a boost
and I've made a
promise to myself
to try harder.
Just bear down for a few
weeks and see what a difference
it makes.

Sometimes we reach the
plateau and then start sliding
back down the hill.

I sure can't let that happen.
Especially now that my
husband is a cross between
George Clooney and
John Goodman!

I am happy that he's
in stride with me
as we continue to
take baby steps every day.

It helps to have a friend,
a partner, a guide,
whenever you attempt
a lifestyle change.

Less than 100 days
to go.

I don't know about you,
but I want to cross
the finish line
with a smile on my face-
and the Spanx in the trash!

Onward!

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I have been on the one step forward two steps back program lately. I too vow to do better. I cannot believe that we are over half way through this journey.

It seems like we are stuck together...so here's my hand..grab hold and let's keep hangin on!