BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 24, 2009

Sweet Surprises


Part of any well-structured diet
is the forethought that goes into
preparing the food in
such an attractive way
that it isn't mundane and boring.

I try to always keep
a colorful array on my plate-
a green veggie, a yellow one,
and whatever other color
there is.

In my opinion,
nothing seems more unappetizing
than a baked chicken breast
with cabbage, green beans and
okra as sides.

It's way too green.

Maybe it's just the artist in me,
but I like to play with my food.
Mix it up-
Tweak it a bit.
Make it interesting
and colorful.

And it's always a plus
when Mother Nature helps out.

Like this morning-
I loved putting the
"strawberry lips"
in my husband's oatmeal!

Fun stuff!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Too cute! And so true...presentation goes a long way. Keep up the great work!

sisterlinda said...

He might have just eaten some big bucks, that morning, for breakfast! Haven't you heard the price they are getting for state shaped chips or a potato in the shape of Christ?(on Ebay) Who knows what kind of bids you would have gotten for that heart shaped berry! With your keen sense (of finding the unusual) you ought to check things more closely....what your family eats could be yard sale money in your pocket!