BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning


When I took out the trash
this morning,
my lungs filled with
sweet morning air-
and I thought to myself
how wonderfully
exhilarating it would be
to set off on a nice walk.

The birds were just waking up-
the grass was dewy and green-
the sky a beautiful blue color
that was turning pink
with the rising sun.

I breathed in.
Out.
In.
Out.

I thought to myself
how great it is
to be alive.

But-
you know what?
I just went back into
the house and had
another cup of coffee.

The walk was a nice idea,
but that's all that became of it.
Another opportunity for
exercise wasted.

Living out in the country,
I wouldn't walk alone anyway.
But I know I should have at
least grabbed a seat on the porch
and watched the sunrise
and the day open up.

We are given choices in life
and each day we are tested.

I've made the choice
to Find Thin.

I want to experience
gentle Spring mornings-
and whatever the world
has to offer-
for a long, long time.

It's time to start walking.
Doing.
Breathing.

Living.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Well, we gotta get out of these sleep pants to go for a walk! We have to put the computer on hold, the morning dishes,the 2nd and 3rd cups of coffee, the bed making and the starting of laundry...by the time we are finished with those tasks we are ready for an afternoon nap....and then it is putting the finishing touches on the house, deciding what to fix for dinner and getting dressed for the day! After all of that who is in the mood for a walk?

Looks like I better change my attitude if I want to find thin...even if it is just a morning walk around the pond (with coffee in tote) it is a walk. Baby steps...