BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One Hundred Days


One hundred days ago-
I decided this fat had to go.

So I started a journey
of 200 days-
which meant that
I could no longer graze

in the smorgasbord
of Fat-ville Town.
I was ready to turn
my whole life around.

At first it was hard
giving up sweets
Saying no to cookies
and cheesecake and treats.

But then something happened-
A miracle maybe-
I started taking steps
much like a baby.

Each day was easier
and even rice cakes were fun
And turkey and lettuce
On a whole wheat bun-
And grains and veggies
became my craving-
I suddenly realized
My health was worth saving.

Well, I didn't quite melt
the way I had planned-
But my new world was better
than Lard Ass Land.

I started caring
about my hair-
my skin, my clothes
and underwear.

I wanted to look good
Inside and out-
"I can do it!" I said-
Without a doubt...

Some days were hard-
some nights were scary-
'Cause I'd be visited
by the donut fairies.
But I'd close my eyes
And ignore all them-
My mission was set-
I must find thin!

The scale weighed heavy-
the scale weighed light-
The scale sailed across the room
like a kite.
I was angry one day
and happy the next-
But still tried to focus-
to succeed at this test.

I know I'll never be
An-ge-li-na Jo-lie.

Or never have a belly
like Valerie Bertinelli.

But I will be
the best that I can-
I'll finish this journey
And love who I am!

One hundred days-
And one hundred to go-
Yes! We can do it!
And soon it will show!

Hold my hand-
Let's keep on movin'-
Loving our journey-
and smiling and groovin'.

For we'll wake up someday
With a very proud grin
And look in the mirror-
Shouting-
"I have FOUND THIN!"

*********************

Thanks to all of you who
have followed my blog for these
hundred days.
Sometimes I'm not sure how
to motivate
and entertain you all,
but I'm hanging in for
the duration.
I hope you are, too.

May your success be sweet
and the future be bright.
See you tomorrow!

Happy 100 Day Anniversary!

2 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I was almost afraid to open your blog this morning. I just KNEW it was going to be a reminder that this journey is half over! I sure wish I could say that may weight loss was half way there!

I have missed several of my personal goals, throughout these first 100 days. I have even set another goal before Sisters Weekend and Luke's wedding. I sure hope I can do a much better job with the final 100 days.

Like I have said before....I will find thin but I will kinda be like the hare...slow and steady will win the race. I may not cross that finish line, with the rest of you, but I WILL cross it.

So I will keep on, keepin on, hang tight to the diet wagon and see you in 100 days!

Libby Crawford Tucker said...

awwww! yes you CAN have a belly like valerie bertanelli! why not? i have met tons of women lose over 100 pounds and look amazing! you don't even have close to that much to lose. you and linda CAN do it. i believe in you!