BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Victory for Valerie- Encouragement For Us


I'm back from taking a few days
off to play nurse.

In those few days, I've come to
realize that writing -
and this computer surfing
is a giant aid in helping me
think less about eating.

I did pretty well, I guess
but lately, I've had a tendency to slip.
You think that after this many days
I'd be used to the routine,
but I don't think that ever
really happens.

Even Valerie says so.

Yes, I read the article in People
Magazine where Valerie Bertinelli
talks about her weight loss.
At 175 pounds, she was miserable.
Now at less than 130, she is
the envy of every out-of-shape
middle aged woman-
and eye-candy for every
middle-aged man.

But, we all have to realize
that access to the gym,
healthy food choices
and a personal trainer
helped Valerie achieve
her goal quicker.

I tell myself that a few
sit-ups in the afternoon
will do wonders.
IF I just would do them!

My husband says to put an M&M
between each toe
and that would get me
at least eight sit-ups!

What a funny, funny guy he is.

But back to Valerie-
even though she has lost
her weight,
she said she realizes that
she is always just
a jalapeno popper away
from being 175 again.

I hear you, Valerie.
I feel your pain.

But we all need to think
of our journey this way:
We are only skinless chicken breasts
and carrot sticks
and fresh fruit
away from being
"eye candy".

Let's go, girls!

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Mu body will NEVER look like Valerie's. I will never put on a bikini! I just want to look "amazing" (like my sister Tina) in the clothes that I DO wear. I want them to not be tight in the legs, the waist, the butt, the arms, the bulges to disappear from the belly and the arm wings not to flap in the wind.

To achieve, all of the above, I must try and stay on track. It has been hard since hubby is out of town again....it is hard to cook a healthy meal without him here. Seems to be a lot of snacking and never a sit down meal.

I KNOW it is time to quit dreaming about it and DO something about it! SO I am climbing back on that wagon this morning and hoping I can pull myself to that finish line at the end of this 200 days!

Here's to Lookin Fine and Feelin fine in 2009!