BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Let's Get To Hoppin'


Easter is only days away
and, unfortunately-
so is chocolate temptation.

According to statistics,
120 million pounds
of candy will be purchased
for Easter.
That equals approximately
$500 million dollars.

Seventy percent of that
will be chocolate-
which consists of
ninety million chocolate bunnies.

Seventy-six percent of people
eat the bunny's ears first.
( I usually inhale the entire body
at once, so I really wouldn't know...)

Sixty-one million dozen eggs
are also sold for the upcoming holiday.
(Whoever thought of that messy
tradition of dye and vinegar
for children- should be shot).

I've always had a hankering for
Cadbury Eggs.
One website states that
these creamy delights
are around 172 calories each.
OMG!
In years past, I was buying and
eating them by the dozen!
That's over 2000 calories
for one late night compulsion!

Not to mention the delicious ham
I would also consume.
Easter wouldn't be the same
without a juicy slice of pork product.

But this year I will
certainly eat in moderation
and make sure that
there is no chocolate temptation
anywhere around.

That said-
we should not hit another
stumbling block in the road
until Memorial Day weekend
when the picnic stuff starts.

That gives us all six weeks
to renew our dedication
to our diets
and realign our goals.

Tuesday will be half-way
through our journey.

Don't let a single Easter bunny
blind you from your mission.

Let's buckle up now
and get serious.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I LOVE chocolate bunnies! When we were younger I remember getting just one chocolate bunny, jelly beans and those awful big candy coated (hard as rocks)marshmellow eggs! I especially loved getting the SOLID bunnies and not those hollow ones.

I wish I could say I would be half way to my goal on Tuesday (will be 55) but I am not! I bought a magazine yesterday and on the front it said "Lose 43 pounds by Memorial Day just by walking"....IF that is all it took I would be a walking fool for the next 30 days!

I know that walking does help and I vow to begin....soon. I want to be able to cross that finish line in my sweat capris and tee shirt minus the tummy bulge and the big butt! See ya there!