BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Don't Be Foolish

Just a quick note to let you all know
that this is not a holiday.

April Fool's Day is not an excuse
to break out the double fudge
cookies and cheeseburger pie.

Instead it is a day
to be more aware
and stay away from such foolishness.

We've come too far.

Look behind you.
The winter days are almost gone.
Melted like the snow.

So is that difficult beginning-
the day we all set out
on this journey.
The nights our bellies growled-
the weeks the scale never moved-
the days that temptation
sat upon our shoulders
and whispered unwise things to us.

Don't be a fool.
Don't backslide.
Don't give up.

Even if the weight loss
isn't dramatic,
you have become a better person-
not just a a dreamer-
but a doer-
someone who knows it can be done.
That anything is possible.

Those three months
haven't really disappeared.
They have saturated our hearts
and made us stronger.
Made us ready
for the next hundred days or more.

It's time for wisdom.
For cracking down
and trying harder.

Don't be an April Fool.

Be a winner.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

I plan on being a winner, but I will most likely be a slow winner. I just don't seem to be keeping pace with some of you. If it is true, that stress makes ya fat, then I may NEVER be thin! I will keep on, keepin on, and try and hold tight to this diet wagon. I know if I fall too dang far I may never climb back on!

I WILL finish this diet thing....maybe not in the 200 days but I WILL cross that finish line and finally find thin.