BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Great Expectations


Someone once said that losing weight
is not a cure for life.
They warn us that even after
reaching our goal weight,
we will still have the same spouse,
same kids, the same house,
the same job and the same life.

Of course, that is probably the opinion
of some rail-skinny doctor
who has never finished off an entire pecan pie
while watching Jeopardy.

If you go into a diet expecting anything
other than a new life, then I say-
"Why do it?"
For me, a diet will change my life.

Yes, I will still have the same husband.
But he will want to make savage love to me
whenever I walk across the room
in something other than my
greasy sweat shirt and flannel sleep pants.

Same kids.
But I'll finally have leverage with my girls.
They'll want to borrow my cute new clothes.
Maybe I can bribe them to weed the flower bed
in exchange for wearing those awesome jeans.

My house will change- sure it will.
It will be full of healthy foods,
the doorways will seem larger,
and I will have a psychotic fear
of falling through the toilet seat.
I'll have massive mounds of beautiful landscaping
because I'll be able to bend over easily
to pluck up weeds-
And that same old car?
Well- it will finally be clean.
Sparking- because I've exercised
my way around it twenty times
with a soapy sponge.

The same old job?
No. No. No.
People will treat you differently.
There won't be Donut Day in the lounge.
You'll be able to wear real jeans
on casual Fridays
and you'll smile more.
Confidence will be an asset
and you will finally possess it.

The same old life?
Only if you want it to be.

Maybe I'm getting crazy.
But I believe that finding thin
will be like finding a new world.
The world you saw in fantastic dreams-
the world you cried yourself to sleep over
after someone called you fat-
the world that is merely baby steps away-
shining- breathing- ready for you
to break from your cocoon
and celebrate.

We can't always listen to the experts.
We have to listen to our hearts.

However, someone else once said this about dieting-
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Can't wait....
Our new life is just around the bend.

Let's go!






1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Baby steps.....I have to remember that. I want to take big steps and large leaps and bounds to get this over with! I want every ounce to disappear instantly. I have to learn to be patient and not get discouraged(you all know me and my patience)

Step by step, day by day, ounce by ounce, pound by pound....see you at the end of this 200 day journey!