BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 13, 2009

Just Say No


Well, it's here.
That mushy, moody,
magenta-marinated day
of love and hugs and kisses.
Of roses and candlelight
and....
Oh!...
I just can't bring myself to say it...
ugh...
CHOCOLATE!

Sorry.
But it's time we faced it head on.

Maybe you aren't like me, though.
Maybe you haven't suffered
chocolate hallucinations
since this journey started.

Maybe looking at a bunch of grapes
doesn't remind you of malted milk balls.
Perhaps the computer mouse doesn't
morph into a Snickers bar once in awhile.
You may not have a muddy pond
outside your window
that sometimes gives the illusion
of being a giant sweet hole
of chocolate milk.

Before this diet
I consumed more chocolate
than Willie Wonka.
It was a daily drug.
A dependency.

I'd spend my money on
a package of Hersey's Kisses
instead of shampoo.

....My hair went dirty for weeks.

I'd buy Milky Way Bars by the dozen
before I'd pay the cable bill.

...I missed the whole season
of Grey's Anatomy.

But, I know this diet journey
is the road to recovery.
Of seeing fruits and vegetables
as the "good guys",
of gradually leading chocolate
out the back door
and kicking him into the gutter.

I've told my husband not to buy
me chocolates or candy
for Valentine's Day.
And I think he'll listen.

Especially after the incident
with the electric company
and the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Happy Valentines Day
to all of you on this 200 day journey
of Finding Thin!
Be strong.
Be firm.
Be the you that you dream.

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Happy Valentines Day!

Hang tough chocolate lovers!