BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shake It, Shake It, Baby!


There are so many fad diets out there lately
that it's difficult to decide
which one to choose.
Hopefully by now
you have all settled into a routine
that is not only comfortable-
but also affective.

The general basis of any diet
is the moderation of food and
the increase in exercise.
Following a balanced plan-
and being patient for the results
is the smartest thing you can do.

However, I have found a few little things
a person can do
to help ward off the urge to eat
objectionable foodstuff.

It is always a curse to have
cookies and cakes available to any dieter
because we all know that the Willpower Dam
can burst at any given moment
and a flood of calories can be consumed
in your involuntary subconscious state.

But I do like to keep a few treats handy
for when my grand kids visit.
Why should they suffer
just because I am?

Anyway, there have been a few occasions
where they have left a stray donut,
an ounce of crumbled Oreos,
or ten fingers worth of cheese residue
in the bottom of the Cheetos bag.

I have discovered that if you immediately
douse the food in question
with Tabasco,
it will automatically send
a message to your brain telling you
that this food is no longer desirable,
favorable, or attractive.

Shaking on sufficient hot sauce
will work as a miracle deterrent
against accidental consumption.

In fact, yesterday I purchased the
Tabasco with Habanero Peppers
and saturated the last slice
of left-over chocolate cake.

Oh- one very important thing to remember.
Let everyone else in the family know
about the pepper sauce.

My dieting husband's mouth
still burns like Hell...

1 comments:

sisterlinda said...

Good Idea! It is sometimes difficult, around this place, to stay on track. With a 19 month old, a teenager and 2 non dieting adults, there are temptations lurking in cabinets and the frig. I go look in the bathroom mirror, at all the rows and the fat face, tell myself NO and go on about my day! Hot sauce, would be a great way to not eat something, but there are a couple of folks here that I wouldn't mind them getting a mouthful! Guess this diet is bringing out the evil in me!